Sunday, January 8, 2012

Superhero's and Cake

Today was jammed packed full of activity.  Woke up early, went to Walmart, went to a birthday party at a trampoline park, back to walmart, loaded up the fridge and then on to baking.  Seriously, I can't stop.  My friend and muse Kim made this killer buttermilk cake once.  And my buttermilk is a few days from needing to be tossed, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Here's our steal page:  Taste of Home

So right in the middle of my creation of the batter, my ex roommie calls needing me to find her movie times since she can't access the internet.  So trying to remember how much sugar I put into the bowl already and simultaneously fetching her a few phone numbers proved to be too much for my brain and I couldn't remember at one point how much I had put in.  Here's the batter after the call:

And to make matters worse - I thought I had a 6 bundt cake mold and it really is only 4.  Hrrrrrm.  That's going to add an extra 40 minutes to completion.  Oh well... thankfully I'm a late night sleeper.

Here's the ovenshot... :)


And the final product.  Love it!!  They really turned out good.


Now off to finish my evite for the get together i'm hosting next Sunday then off to bed... long day tomorrow with potential twists and turns...  it's gonna be a great week... right?

XOXO,

JA

No comments:

Post a Comment