Friday, January 6, 2012

The Sleepover

Dreading going home more than being at work today knowing that I had promised Jasmine a sleepover this weekend with her girls since she had such a stellar week at school.  I thought about what I could do that would be fun for the girls and came up with mini pizza's.  Thinking that I could use a calzone recipe for the bread and let them design their own.  What a cool mom i would be!  Picked up Jasmine and found that my friend was busy in the kitchen making pizza for the family as well!  I knew I liked her for some reason! :P  We tend to do that with each other and have a lot of weird similarities in our history even though we grew up thousands of miles away from each other and brought up in COMPLETELY different lifestyles.

Needless to say the pizza idea didn't go over as I planned.  Jasmine wasn't very hungry and her friend had already eaten dinner... but dammit i had worked myself up to having pizza!  so I opted for a different approach and made cheesy bread sticks with dipping sauce.  That seemed to appease everyone. :)  Winning!

I also have been hell bent on trying pretzels since trying my friends.  I stole the recipe from her, she stole it from here:

Link to the link to the blog

So it's 1:15 in the morning and i just finished them  what do you think?



Pretty kick ass if I do say so myself.  Salty on one side, sweet on the other... and my house smells A-MAZ-ING.

I've got to come up with a cheap gift for a b-day party.  Pinterest to the rescue?  We'll see in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment