Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Conversations with Dad #1

I got an email yesterday from Jasmine's theater teacher wanting to see if the students could have an extra practice this week. So I email Dad and see if he's available to pick her up and, of course, he can. So after school, Jasmine gets home and Dad says to her, "So you have an extra practice for theater tomorrow after school, right?" and she says, "No, that 's on Friday." and they go back and forth on this a few times until my Dad is semi convinced that maybe...just maybe...he did have it wrong.
I get home and make dinner, and talk to Jasmine about the extra practice, to which she agrees is totally happening. I sit down on the couch to watch the voice with dad and he casually looks over to me and says, "You know your daughter is going to be a lawyer." and proceeds to tell me about the conversation he and Jazz had.
I laughed and then said, "Well, Dad you know, she's been raised by a strong willed woman and with very little male influence." He raised his eyebrow and I completed my thought, "and women are never wrong".

No comments:

Post a Comment