Saturday, January 7, 2012

Man I was bored today...

I think today was the first day i actually felt bored in a long while.  I actually felt the need to find something to do.  It was an odd think for me.

So Jasmine had a sleep over.  That went very well. :)  We had our sugar and cinnamon pretzels and watched a movie.  All super fun and then after a bike ride - I was left with this sense of ... "what do I do now?"

Bake bread of course!  So here I go, searching pinterest for a fab recipe and then I pick up the ol standby.  My Bible. The Betty Crocker Cookbook.  Wrapped up in those pages are thousands of recipes.  Tons of idea and tutorials. So I'm thinking... how about just a plain white sliced bread?  Bwham! Betty's got it covered.  but I'm flippin pages and i see this recipe for Challa... and I have no idea what it is.  Google Tiiiiiiiime!  Super beautiful loaves, super easy recipe...but man! that is a lot of braiding...  I watched a few tutorials, looked at a few recipes...  this is definitely one that I'm going to have to try. I almost did today but then thought... let's not be disrespectful.  This is a bread traditionally cooked on a Friday and served on Saturday.  Welp, to late for that!  So that will have to be next week.  It might actually work to my favor since I'm hosting a party on Sunday.  We'll see.

Anyway, I caught a glimpse at a few different bread and opted to retry a different recipe for pretzels and also to make Amish Friendship Bread.

Pretzels:
Link to the Link to the blog

Amish Friendship Bread:
http://www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com/amish-friendship-bread

No comments:

Post a Comment